Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

The Power of Social Media! #GraduateToGo @sojournerruth



Twitter has allowed me to connect with folks that I've never met before, and more recently some Atlanta celebrities. Last night, Taco Bell's, Taco Bell Foundation encouraged followers and fans to help kids graduate high school by offering $5 for every tweet sent out with the hashtag #GraduateToGo.

Being an advocate for students to go to college, and having worked in higher education for more than 10 years, I immediately jumped on the opportunity to tweet to my "Tweet Peeps." Something moved me to reach out to Big Boi, previously from the group, OutKast and encourage him to "Retweet" my tweet, "Tonight for every tweet w/ #GraduateToGo @TacoBell will donate $5 to help kids graduate high school. *Retweet*" 


Thankfully, Big Boi retweeted my tweet and the rest is history (as they say). Big Boi and I were able to encourage more than 100 people to tweet and support the mission. Thanks to his followers and mine, we helped many students think about the possibilities of graduate high school and attending college. 

The Power of Social Media!

Onward, 
Sojourner 



No comments:

Post a Comment