Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 16, 2011

Discovering Your Life's Purpose: New Year’s Resolution 2012



For me, personally, 2011 was an extremely difficult year. It was a year of both professional and spiritual growth, but also deep and very painful sadness. I changed jobs, lost several close loved ones in my family, watched my Mother-In-Law battle and overcome breast cancer, and my childhood girlfriend lose her only sibling. All of these trials and tribulations over the past year made me reflect on my own life and purpose.

My Grandma, June Morehead Marable passed away in June. She was a phenomenal woman, at sixteen; she left home to attend college in Dayton, Ohio. She obtained a BS degree in Education and a minor in Art from Central State University ('48), later to receive a MS, University of Dayton ('65); PhD, Miami University Oxford, OH ('74); MDiv, United Theological Seminary ('89). She is one of my sheroes. I not only admire her for her courage, but for finding her true calling and reaching her goals. Her teachings are one of the reasons why I still have strength throughout adversity.

Although this year was unlike any other in my life, I still met my New Year’s Resolution List from 2010. My listed consisted of the following:

1. I will take care of myself mentally, physically, spiritually, and financially.
2. I will continue to balance work and motherhood and spend quality time with family and friends.
3. I will volunteer by mentoring children at the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.
4. I will schedule speaking engagements.
5. I will continue to write, blog and publish.
6. I will continue to travel.
7. I will continue to educate myself.

In 2012, I will continue to follow similar goals from 2010, but will focus more on finding my true life’s passion. I’d hate to leave what my Grandma calls, “The land of the living,” and go without finding my true calling.

What are your plans to make 2012 better than 2011?

Visit my blog Support Table for Two follow me on Twitter like me on Facebook and connect with me on LinkedIn.

Featured

No comments:

Post a Comment