woodruff arts center presents target® family thursdays SEPTEMBER 1, 8, 15 AND 22
Free activities and performances for the entire family in September
ATLANTA, GA - The Woodruff Arts Center is inviting families to Target Family Thursdays to experience free activities from its four divisions: the Alliance Theatre, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, High Museum and Young Audiences, September 1, 8, 15 and 22 from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. There will be a wide range of interactive experiences that the entire family can enjoy including theatre performances, storytelling, arts and crafts, films, workshops and lots more.
For the fourth year in a row, Target is making it possible for families to gain access to the educational and cultural offerings of one of Atlanta’s artistic gems.
Scheduled activities during Target Family Thursdays include:
- A Child's Garden of Verses - a highly interactive multi-sensory performance for very small children and their grown-ups presented by the Alliance Theatre.
- Toddler Thursdays – Parents and their children are encouraged to look at works of art at the High Museum of Art and learn a new way of looking at the collections through letters, numbers, colors, and shapes.
- flashART- a great opportunity to allow teens to express their creativity. flashArt is a drop-in art-making workshops for high school students at the High Museum of Art.
- Acting Workshops- kids of all ages can learn the art of acting by participating in workshops led by the Alliance Theatre.
- Into The Woods- collaboration between the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and the Alliance Theatre. The Alliance Theatre’s first play of the 2011-2012 Season, Into the Woods, is a fractured musical that includes references to classic fairy tales including Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood.
- Family Friendly Films- a selection of films will be available for families to enjoy throughout the day.
For a full schedule of activities and to register for Target Free Thursdays, please visit http://www.woodruffcenter.org/
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) serves guests at 1,719 stores in 49 states nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education. Today, that giving equals more than $3 million a week. Target helps local arts organizations make the arts more accessible to all by sponsoring free or reduced-admission events at museums and performing arts institutions nationwide.
About the Woodruff Arts CenterOver the past 40 years, The Woodruff Arts Center has distinguished itself as one of the premier cultural centers in the nation, a unique institutional model where individual arts institutions unite to form a collaborative, inspirational, and supportive environment for the arts and education. The Woodruff Arts Center campus, located in the heart of Midtown Atlanta houses four renowned arts organizations - Alliance Theatre, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, High Museum of Art, and Young Audiences. Since 1968, The Woodruff Arts Center has served more than 30 million patrons and annually offers more than 3,300 performances and exhibitions. In addition to its role as a cultural beacon and hub of the Southeast, The Woodruff serves as a critical economic, educational and social catalyst for Atlanta and the region. For more, visit www.woodruffcenter.org.