Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 21, 2010

Married w/ 2 Boys: Everyday Mommy Moments

I grew up a Tomboy. I ran track, was a power forward basketball player, climbed birch trees, collected marble looking rocks, wore bright colored Cross Colour baggy jeans (during the TLC era), and was always the peddler on my banana bike; while my older sister, Malaika directed my every turn. I was tough and hanged with my twin brother, Joshua who was as Southerns say, “all-boy.”

I’m convinced that I was destined to have sons. Genetically boys run on my husband’s side of the family, but I think God knew I’d be a great mom to boys. Being married with two boys has already created some memorable moments. Hopefully you too can relate.

1. Married w / 2 Boys: Do I really need to take a picture of your Number 2 in the potty? Click Click

2. Married w / 2 Boys: How do I explain to our 2 year old that he can't fly like Superman?

3. Married w/ 2 Boys: I hope skinny jeans aren’t a fad when my boys get older. The boys at the bus stop are sagging skinny jeans…Yikes!

4. Married w/ 2 Boys: ESPN 30 for 30 is my new favorite show…scary!

5. Married w/ 2 Boys: Our 4 month old son is still cute at 4am.

6. Married w/ 2 Boys: I'm slowly turning back into a Tomboy. I need a room in the house that doesn't remind me of any sports or superheroes.

7. Married w/ 2 Boys: What’s up with wiping your snot on the couch pillow!

8. Married w/ 2 Boys: Mommy doesn’t like getting hit on the chest, nor does she like being tackled.

9. Married w/ 2 Boys: Son, get off the top of the car!

10. Married w/ 2 Boys: Taco Mac’s VIP section does not include dancing girls.

We can all relate to these funny everyday moments with our children. These memorable moments are so funny that they seem made up. Tweet me funny moments about your kids: http://twitter.com/sojournerruth.

Sojourner Marable Grimmett has a BA in communications from Clark Atlanta University and an MA in media studies from Pennsylvania State University. She is a stay-at-work mom and her experience in higher education spans over 10 years working in student services and enrollment management. She lives in southwest Atlanta with her husband, Roland and two young sons, Roland Jay and Joshua. Visit her blog: http://sojournermarablegrimmett.blogspot.com. Follow her on Twitter: http://twitter.com/sojournerruth

No comments:

Post a Comment